New year always makes me more introspective and I look at my last year and think mmmmm what to do differently this year…. do I make resolutions?? do I set myself challenges??? where do I want to be this time next year???
Last year I set myself some challenges and some I managed to complete:
1. grow some of my own food
3. use reusable carriers
4. line dry my clothes
5. reduce/be more aware of my energy consumption
6. handmake as many gifts as possible
then there were some that never took flight…..
1. lose weight (mmmm despite some ups and downs I ended the year only a few pounds lighter than I started it!!)
2. exercise more… (I tried various little things but never really stuck any out)
I plan to keep up the changes/challenges I achieved last year….. re: the gardening, composting and general eco/environmental friendliness and then I shall add a few….
1. I am starting running and intend to get to a place where I can run 5k in 30 minutes without wheezing, whining and generally looking like a swollen raspberry!! (this will be both exercise and weight loss plans for this year)
2. I intend to get rid of all my UFO’s (unfinished objects) in my craft stash!
3. I have clarinet and tenor saxophone in the attic of all places I intend getting them out playing them again (I was once quite good) and if all goes well I will be joining a band (if they’ll have me!!)
4. I will make a concious effort to eat a more balanced diet
5. I will find more time to read (both fiction and non fiction)
So bring it on 2011!!!