I decided that today I would amoung other things like the laundry, mowing the lawn, cleaning the bathrooms etc that I would make cookies!!
It actually sped up my chores because I would do one chore, whilst a tray of cookies was in baking, which means I did not spend more than 12 minutes doing each of the above!!! Haha!!! Now I have cookies to munch through whilst I type/knit/crotchet or do whatever for the rest of my bank holiday!!
Preheat Oven to 200c
75g soft brown sugar
75g caster sugar
dash of vanilla essence
one or all of; chopped nuts, glace cherries, chocolate chips (white, milk or both!!)
1. Cream together the butter and the sugars and the vanilla essence
2. Beat in the egg
3. Add the flour and mix thouroughly
4. Add the chosen additives!!!
5. Dollop cookie size/shaped blobs onto a greased baking sheet and bake for 12 minutes
6. Remove from baking sheet and sit on a cooling tray carefully as at this point the cookies will be a bit squidgy!
7. Continue till all cookie dough (barring the bits you’ve pinched) is made into cookies!
8. Make mug of tea or chosen beverage, sit and gorge!!!